Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sounds!

Having read the article inmediately remembered that the other day I was in my ELAB and I helped a classmate who was inventing an activity related with sounds. Children had to make sounds and others had to act what they heard. It was great! because there were scary story of halloween.
What I would do is something related with creativity. In these moments I am teaching 6 to 9 years old children and they love paint and draw. I would like to have a cd with many sounds from Chilean holidays and others that we dont used to hear. Children would listen to them and they would draw what they imagined. For example, they could hear some ships, guns and ocean sounds, and they could draw the Iquique´s naval battle. Then, they would explain to the class where is each sound in their drawings. Finally, they would paint it like they want.
Also I could do something similar with older kids. I would like to have many weirds sounds which dont represent any known. They could close their eyes and hear them for some minutes, then they could write a brief tale, story or personal experienced that they imagined hearing the sounds. Maybe is not an activity related with Chile but I think it is more meaningful for them to write and imagine things which are related with their lives and their tastes. I think it could be a really good idea an they would learn a lot about describe sounds and interpretate them.

See you!

Batgirl!

2 comments:

  1. oh =O how creative you are!
    I like the activity you invented!
    good job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good post Barbara, you are very creative. I like what you wrote and I also know that you are ablo to create and do many different activities with students.
    take care

    ReplyDelete